Skip to main content

I Wish This Day Never Existed' - Lady Heartbroken On Her 24th Birthday


Birthday day comes once in a year, very special for most of us as we tend to make the best out of it irrespective, But this lady who just turned 24 is saying that she wished the day never existed So indirectly 'she wished she was never born', In an emotional post she made on her Page Chayil Obi poured out her heart and how she failed times without numbers, her struggle and having a baby at 17, she said;


''I wished today would somehow not exist.
As a child, I had dreams.
Go to school, become a medical doctor, be successful, get married to a Prince charming, have beautiful children, fulfill whatever purpose God had for me and touch lives.
Then life happened.
Got into the University at 16 to study a course I hated,
8 years after I'm still an undergraduate.
Why?
Pregnant and out of school at 17,
Single mom at 18,
Got into school again at 20 to become a Doctor of Optometry,
Became a pariah and object of scorn,
Guilt filled and shame faced 70% of the time,
Found a passion in fashion design and writing,
Learned to mix fashion design and hectic optometry school cos a girl's gotta eat,
Big heartbreak,
Physical and emotional abuse,
Rape,
And so much more... Who would have thought life would be this way for me?
I've battled with suicide, depression and a broken spirit.
I even started believing people's description of me - not good enough, RCF jezebel, unworthy, abusive, bitter, angry, Peace destroyer, table turner and many more.
I probably cry Myself to sleep 300 out of 365 nights a year.
Today I'm 24 and my most precious lessons are
GRACE and TIME.
God's Grace is beyond my imaginations. His plans for me are beyond my greatest dreams. I'm clean in His eyes and overwhelmingly loved by Him. There will be times when I want to give up and believe the report of men, but Grace will never let me! Grace will never give up on me! When I'm too weak and broken to get up, Grace will strengthen me and groom me.
Everyone has their divine timing. Trying to go ahead of my time or slower than it is utterly destructive.
So here I am, grateful for my life regardless of how it's been.
Broken and wounded beyond words but confident in God's love, knowing that:
I am worthy,
I am valuable,
I matter to God,
My dreams are still valid and attainable,
I'm His special Princess,
Gradually evolving into a true glorious Queen.
My scars are there to strengthen others.
I AM 24
I AM UNASHAMED
Happy birthday to Me
Chayil 2.0

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Real Madrid deny making €310m Neymar offer to PSG

After reports on Spanish television suggested the club had made a world-record offer for Neymar, the Merengue denied the claims Real Madrid have issued a strong denial after reports in Spain claimed a world-record offer has been made to Paris Saint-Germain to buy Neymar. The Brazil superstar has been linked with Madrid ever since leaving LaLiga rivals Barcelona for PSG last August. PSG paid a world-record €222million to trigger Neymar's release clause but, although the forward fired the club to a domestic treble, reports have indicated he has failed to settle in Paris. http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/real-madrid-deny-making-310m-neymar-offer-to-psg/rl4g7k0m5h4j1ivgxcznuv6jk

Accident Kills Many In Awomamma, Imo State (Graphic Photos)

A terrible accident that claimed the lives of many have happened in Awomamma in Imo state.It is unclear how the accident happened but from the photos,it appears that a public transport bus and tipper were involved.

Four Choice Places To Visit In Kaduna, Nigeria (photos)

Kaduna, located in the Northern part of Nigeria, boasts of visitors that come in troops to get in tune with nature and wildfire. Nicknamed the “Crocodile City” because of the crocodile symbols that adorn the state, it is one of the oldest created states with secret destinations that you do not want to miss. Kajuru Castle Kajuru Castle. Photo findingae Likened to a fairytale, the castle is one of the most beautiful castles you can imagine. The European-style castle takes an adventurous climb on the hills around it to get to it. Reward yourself with a warm swim in the pool and take a tour as you search for your sleeping beauty who remains hidden in the castle. Matsirga Waterfalls Looking for a waterfall in Nigeria to have fun in? You do not want to miss the Matsirga waterfalls. The waterfalls come to life when it rains. You can enjoy the waterfall by sitting on the rock shelter at the river bank. Nok City Nok Terracotta (chin to knee position) in the Louvre Mus...