Skip to main content

Lady Pours Hot Water On Baby Daddy Because Of Domestic Violence

The police in Lagos have finally arrested a fleeing 32-year-old woman for pouring a half-bucket of boiling water on her partner, Ike Akachi, and causing him grievous bodily harm on May 29, 2018.

Joy Imeribe, the accused, said in a statement to the police that the incident happened following a quarrel with Mr Akachi at their home in Ijesha.

According to the police report, Ms Imeribe had been a victim of domestic violence from the man. According to Imeribe: “We’ve been in the relationship for 13 years. Although, we are not married, I have four male children for the man.”

According to Ms Imeribe, she had been experiencing ill-treatment from the man for a long time, forcing her to leave their home. She said she rented an apartment at the Anthony area of Lagos and moved out with their children but Mr Akachi came to plead that they return home.

After returning home, Ms Imeribe said the maltreatment continued. “What caused the huge fight was the fact that on the day before, I went to Yaba market to buy Okirika clothes (second-hand clothing) to sell at Aswani the following day.

On getting home, he asked where I was coming from and I responded but he told me to go back to where I was coming from. I didn’t answer and this led to a fight that started around 4p.m.

He beat me, tied me to the bed, dragged my hair, dragged me in the house and locked the door, this lasted for a long time. In the morning, he started with the fight again, I am one month pregnant.

So, I defended myself by pouring hot water on him.” Imohimi Edgal, the Lagos State Police Commissioner, said victims of domestic violence should always speak out to avoid incidents such as this. Edgal said the woman would be charged to court after police investigations.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Twitter Blocks Audrey Skhosana Who Exposes Her Breasts Online

Popular social media platform Twitter has blocked a South African woman who is in the habit of going topless to expose her bare breasts on the site. According to the website policy, she was blocked for indecent exposure. Audrey Skhosana constantly shares photos of her Unclad breasts and those of other South African girls to "promote their culture and heritage". In one of her posts, she had written: Can @Twitter allow me to at least update my profile picture cause ever since I was unblocked I can't even post images anymore Nkosiyam. As a result, Twitter blocked her. However, a lot of people called out Twitter for blocking her for showing her breasts, yet leaving other accounts that post pornographic contents. Following the complaint from Twitter users, her account was unblocked and the first thing she did was post another photo of her boobs. She captioned it: "Lotjhani! Yes I'm not ashamed of who I am, My Heritage My Pride. Dankie #n...

doctors-separate-conjoined-twins-yola after hours of surgery

A team of surgeons led by the Chief Medical Director of the Federal Medical Centre (FMC), Yola, Professor Auwal Abubakar, has successfully separated four-month-old conjoined female twins. Professor Auwal disclosed the development to journalists at a news conference in Yola yesterday. “We have a successful separation of conjoined female twins (Omphilopagus),”he said, adding that the development was recorded following a team work by different medical units. He said the surgery was conducted on May 14, adding that the chances of survival of the twins were excellent. The director said it took his team four hours to perform the operation which was the second of its kind in the hospital. He noted that Nigeria had medical personnel that could compete with their counterparts in developed countries. The father of the twins, Muhammad Ramat from KasuwanShanu in Maiduguri, thanked the management of the hospital for paying the bills for the surgery.

"We Will Die Against Iceland" - Wilfred Ndidi

Wilfred Ndidi has stated that Nigeria’s players are now looking forward to their next game against Iceland on Friday at Volgograd Arena after failing to impress in their opening 2018 World Cup tie. On Saturday, the three-time African champions succumbed 2-0 to Croatia and will have to secure a win against Heimir Hallgrimsson’s men to brighten their chances of avoiding an early exit from the competition, and the Leicester City midfielder said the Super Eagles have put the setback behind them and now focused on a better display on Friday. “Even though we are players, we are also Nigerians. The loss is behind us, we die there in the next game,” Ndidi tweeted. The three-time African champions have only failed to make it to the second round of the competition in 2002 and 2010 editions. source: https://www.infonewsnigeria.com/discussion/1318/we-ll-die-against-iceland-ndidi?new=1