Skip to main content

Community Rescues Baby Kidnapped By Chimpanzees In Uganda

A five-month-old baby girl, Rachael Karungi, who was kidnapped by a troupe of chimpanzees, was reportedly rescued by members of the Kyamajaka village, Muhorro town council, Uganda, on Sunday.

The mother of the little girl, Oliver Kemigisa who confirmed the incident which she said occurred a few minutes after 5pm on Sunday when she was preparing dinner at their home, told Newsvision that she had left the baby with another baby in the verandah, while she moved a few meters away to cook.

The lady revealed that after she heard the babies crying, she turned around and saw over 20 chimpanzees surrounding the babies. According to her, one had already picked Karungi and the others also aiming at the three-year-old boy as he cried. Kemigisa said she wrestled with the chimpanzees for the boy as she raised an alarm. She managed to save the boy, but the primates ran away with Karungi.

“When I saw that they (chimpanzees) wanted to take my other child, I became firm and fought them. That is how I saved the boy,” said Kemigisa.

She said that Karungi was taken into the nearby bush, but residents turned up immediately and began chasing them. The animals had hidden the baby in the grass after removing the skirt she was wearing.

When the baby was discovered, she was unconscious and was immediately rushed to Muhorro Health center III where she is currently admitted. She said that on a daily basis these chimpanzees traverse the area in search of food and they usually chase people.

This is coming after it was reported that a newborn, who was sleeping under a mosquito net at his home in eastern India, was scooped by a monkey who carried him away. The mother told authorities that she watched helplessly as the animal invaded their home over the weekend in a village in Banki, Odisha, and took her days-old son, according to Agence France-Presse.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Twitter Blocks Audrey Skhosana Who Exposes Her Breasts Online

Popular social media platform Twitter has blocked a South African woman who is in the habit of going topless to expose her bare breasts on the site. According to the website policy, she was blocked for indecent exposure. Audrey Skhosana constantly shares photos of her Unclad breasts and those of other South African girls to "promote their culture and heritage". In one of her posts, she had written: Can @Twitter allow me to at least update my profile picture cause ever since I was unblocked I can't even post images anymore Nkosiyam. As a result, Twitter blocked her. However, a lot of people called out Twitter for blocking her for showing her breasts, yet leaving other accounts that post pornographic contents. Following the complaint from Twitter users, her account was unblocked and the first thing she did was post another photo of her boobs. She captioned it: "Lotjhani! Yes I'm not ashamed of who I am, My Heritage My Pride. Dankie #n...

doctors-separate-conjoined-twins-yola after hours of surgery

A team of surgeons led by the Chief Medical Director of the Federal Medical Centre (FMC), Yola, Professor Auwal Abubakar, has successfully separated four-month-old conjoined female twins. Professor Auwal disclosed the development to journalists at a news conference in Yola yesterday. “We have a successful separation of conjoined female twins (Omphilopagus),”he said, adding that the development was recorded following a team work by different medical units. He said the surgery was conducted on May 14, adding that the chances of survival of the twins were excellent. The director said it took his team four hours to perform the operation which was the second of its kind in the hospital. He noted that Nigeria had medical personnel that could compete with their counterparts in developed countries. The father of the twins, Muhammad Ramat from KasuwanShanu in Maiduguri, thanked the management of the hospital for paying the bills for the surgery.

"We Will Die Against Iceland" - Wilfred Ndidi

Wilfred Ndidi has stated that Nigeria’s players are now looking forward to their next game against Iceland on Friday at Volgograd Arena after failing to impress in their opening 2018 World Cup tie. On Saturday, the three-time African champions succumbed 2-0 to Croatia and will have to secure a win against Heimir Hallgrimsson’s men to brighten their chances of avoiding an early exit from the competition, and the Leicester City midfielder said the Super Eagles have put the setback behind them and now focused on a better display on Friday. “Even though we are players, we are also Nigerians. The loss is behind us, we die there in the next game,” Ndidi tweeted. The three-time African champions have only failed to make it to the second round of the competition in 2002 and 2010 editions. source: https://www.infonewsnigeria.com/discussion/1318/we-ll-die-against-iceland-ndidi?new=1